Mission Statement and Strategic Plan
“To think, to learn, to achieve and to consider others.”
Our Guiding Principles
At Meadowbank school we:-
- Are sensitive towards others and accepting of their rights.
- Are accountable for our actions.
- Embrace challenges and are not afraid of failure.
- Are creative, curious, life-long learners.
- Foster a strong community spirit.
- Adhere to the principles of the National Education Goals and the National Administration guidelines.
- Follow the prescriptions of the New Zealand Curriculum.
- Ensuring that the school’s Strategic Plan is a living document.
- Cyclically review school policies and plans regularly for the purpose of continuous improvement.
- Taking all reasonable steps to provide instruction in tikanga and Te Reo Maori for full-time students whose parents request it.
Our Strategic Goals
Goal 1 : Community
To create and maintain collaborative relationships with our diverse parents, whanau and wider community groups.
1.1 Build collaborative relationships with parents and whanau to support our students.
1.2 Develop and maintain positive partnerships with our wider community with the purpose of enriching our teaching and learning.
1.3 Acknowledge and embrace the diversity in the community in all aspects to our school.
Goal 2 : Culture
To foster a shared climate of high expectations and a love of learning.
2.1 Value the contributions of each other, working together with a vested interest in our school’s success.
2.2 Develop and maintain effective systems of communication within our school, with families, and with our wider community.
2.3 Ensure students, staff and families feel that Meadowbank School is a safe, happy and fun place to learn and to work.
Goal 3 : Curriculum
To implement a school curriculum that is personalised to the needs and interests of our students.
3.1 Empower our teachers to deliver a stimulating, inspiring and well-rounded education that reflects our values.
3.2 Challenge a d support all our students to reaching their potential in Literacy and Mathematics.
3.3 Integrate authentic, rich learning experiences that will engage students and encourage innovation.